We are ready to begin membership sign up for the 2021-20222 Blizzard season! We still have a lot of work to do and scheduling to finalize, but we know we are going to have a season and are ready to find out who is going to join us on the slopes. Membership fees are $125 per member through October 15th. Trips and trip fees will be available shortly. Sign up for trips only happens during the week of the trip - no advance registration is allowed. Trips will be both to Alpine and Wilmot (most likely) with Saturday and Sunday trips. See the news letter for more information.
We know that in this sweltering heat, it is hard to remember the chilly days of a snow season, but we are doing it! Blizzard is getting ready for the upcoming season by reviewing policy changes from last season and adjusting our expectations to be mindful of our still-pandemic-stricken environment. If you have signed up for our email list (the floating pop-up window that flashes across the website) then you will be kept in the loop for our updates. If you haven't signed up for the mailing list yet, what are you waiting for?
As soon as we have something definitive, we will let you know. Our usual date to open sign up is around the third week of September.
We are going to cancel the Blizzard trip to Alpine Valley for February 13th. It is going to be frigid. It is unprecedented to do this not once, but twice in the same season, let alone the same month. We can only hope that the trip on Sunday, February 21st will have more moderate temperatures.
We are going to cancel the Blizzard trip to Alpine Valley for February 7th. It is going to be frigid. We have held trips in temperatures like this previously, but not in the time of Covid. We don't want everyone in the mountain house when they get cold. That's not a good social distancing idea. So, I am sorry to say (I really am as I now have to reimburse everyone who has paid thus far) we will see you on Saturday, February 13th