Wilmot has furiously made snow for the past two days and expects a dusting of natural powder to make a nice topping on the man-made stuff. I can't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of any snow - so we are going sking and boarding this weekend!
Typically on Wednesday evening I send out a reminder notice for signing up for the following Saturday's trip. Today I am erring on the side of caution and letting everyone know that we are still undecided about having a trip this weekend. A number of factors play into this decision. We are short staffed, and on the first week f the season it helps to ahve seasoned Supervisors to guide the newbies and limit the confusion. Last year is not to be repeated in my book! And, some of the same problems exist this year. Wilmot has completely new systems for rental, again this year, and the majority of the Epic Passholders do not in fact have their passes yet - which means a potential huge wait at the desk while the passes are accessed and photos taken.
Our first trip is scheduled for next Saturday, December 9th. WE ARE GOING unless Wilmot does not open on time. If you sign up and Wilmot remains closed, I will refund the money over the weekend.
I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and is ready for the Blizzard season to start.
We’ve had our first taste of winter, with a light dusting of snow. I hope it makes you think of powder-filled days and fun on the slopes. We have the makings of a wonderful season ahead.