We are now accepting applications for our upcoming Blizzard Season. Behind the scenes our website is being updated (the calendar now has our trip dates,) and we have our Epic Pass link from Vail for those of you who would like to buy a discounted Epic Pass before the rates increase on October 13, 2019. Here's the link: Purchase an Epic Pass Please do NOT purchase a 4 or 7 day pass, we cannot accept them during the season as they are too hard to track. If you need help with any part of the club and how it works, take advantage of our information rich website which details every aspect of our club ad nauseum.
Based on this week's weather patterns, we have decided to end the Blizzard season with this past Saturday. A bus load of kids had a great trip to Granite Peak and a bus load of kids had a great time at Wilmot. So rather than bet on the weather for another Saturday, we are going to say goodbye to this year and start planning for next year. As per usual, we will start up again in Septemebr. If you have removed yourself from our mailing list, you will have to re-sign up to receive the emails in late Summer. Please look at the Lost and Found page on Facebook if you are missing anything. I now have a collection of 4 helmets, a pair of skis, a pair of ski boots, numerous gloves and poles, and the odd gaiter or two. Viking will charge you for items not returned, so call me if you are missing any rental equipment.
The cold weather has aided our wish to keep the wintere season on-going. At this time of year, the temperature can be volatile and thwart our plans for another trip, so we play it week by week. We are accepting reservations for the trip to Wilmot for March 9th. Until today, I had high hopes of a good day for skiing and boarding, but mother nature appears to have other plans. The threat of rain, may make our trip a bit mushy, much like our trip two weeks ago. We had a good time then, but the temperature was a bit lower and the rain only lasted a couple of hours. We will see how the forecast evolves, but right now we are planning to go to Wilmot on March 9th.
This is the last week to sign up for the Granite Peak Trip. I am certain they will have better snow than we have experienced most of our season with Wilmot. The Granite Peak trip is the weekend of March 8th - 10th. It leaves from both River Forest and Lincoln Park and is limited to sixth graders and those skiing/boarding at level D or higher. The forecast looks like they will get snow this week. Although as I look at the weather, this week at Wilmot will be pretty nice as well.
I particpated (or tried to particpate) in a 3 day event at Wilmot for my Childrens' certification. I have tried to do this course 4 times now over the past 15 years. I can't do it during the Blizzard season as it is typically held over a weekend and, of course, Blizzard trips take precedence for me. I had three other registrations that were scheduled prior to the start of the season in MI, cancel due to lack of snow. So, I was excited when they scheduled an event during evening hours at Wilmot.